- Confirm when is best to apply for scholarships some only allow application, once you have been accepted, the rule of thumb otherwise is the sooner the better, not waiting until the deadlines or being last in line, rather making the most of the first come, first serve principle.
- Even if you have not, or even once you have decided on your course, location and duration of your study, there is NO TIME LIKE THE PRESENT TO APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS! Get started right away if you have not as yet.
- Ensure that you study and read all the information provided and available on individual scholarships. Pay close attention to details, eligibility, criteria and other requirements, even documentation that might have to be included in your application package and process.
- Apply for ones for which you are eligible and do not waste your time and effort on irrelevant ones. That said apply for as many appropriate and relevant ones you possibly can to maximize your rewards.
- Attach the relevant papers only and keep your supporting documents to a minimum. The quantity of documents sent will NOT give you any edge or advantage. Send JUST WHAT IS REQUIRED and no more.
- Be brief, concise and accurate in your expression and packages that you submit. For international or foreign students: It is advisable to always attach translations where supporting documents are in any other language but English.
- Match the scholarships to your need and be patient and persistent, diligent and follow-up (even with a thank you once you have received confirmation of your selection for a nice touch).
- Delay, postpone or avoid applying for any reason. Do not wait until deadlines have passed, avoid procrastination and get organized.
- Do not waste time and effort of frivolous, inappropriate or meaningless applications. Apply for scholarships for which you are not eligible or for which you do not meet the criteria.
- DO NOT Send any irrelevant documents apart from the supporting documents asked for
- Avoid NOT applying just because you think you do not quality or do not think you stand a chance. That decision is not in you hands and you are better off applying a lot than not at all.
Finding, applying, landing and securing for scholarships need not be a complex, time-consuming and difficult process if you plan to succeed, get organized, apply sooner rather than later, as often as you can for as many relevant scholarships, grants, awards and bursaries that you quality for or stand a chance can make the difference. For once, put YOUR needs on the forefront and do not be ashamed or embarrassed about it. Ask for help, you will be pleasantly surprised by what you may find. You may even discover that your tuition and College Education is not going to cost you a single penny from your pocket! It offers promise and opportunity – so do not miss out! APPLY TODAY!
It is a simple fact that applicants spend more time hunting, fishing and trying to find scholarships, than they do actually applying! Ensure that this is NOT THE CASE FOR YOU! Spend as much, if NOT MORE time on the application as is necessary to get it right.